Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Today was cold, but the sun was shing through the clouds. There wasn't much wind and my walk around Goat Island was quite refreshing. Newport is nearly deserted this long weekend, but the transiting birds are all a-twitter in the trees. They'll be leaving shortly too, southbound for the warmth, I presume. It would be a real treat to strap a saddle on one of their backs and ride with them to the tropics. I'd have to dress appropriately, though, for the first part of the journey will be very cold with the wind chill. I am thankful that I have so many friends between here and the tropics. We can stop in for some sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and maybe some almonds and berries too. That would really be an adventure! Too bad my gnome friend, Nimwicket has borrowed my saddle and won't return from Atlantis for another two weeks. By then the birds will be gone. Next year.

1 comment:

Jolea said...

p.s. it's really not that much of pain in the ass... :) when are you going to the Unicorn???